FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to your frequently asked questions about Adventure Day Camp at Camp Resolute.

How do I confirm what weeks my camper is enrolled in?

You will receive and email confirming your registration is complete.  Scroll to the bottom to see dates selected as well as shirt size, transportation, etc.

Can I add busing or extended day program after I register for camp?

You can add either of these after your initial registration by emailing us at info@cubscoutcamps.org.

Does my child need a medical form?

Every child attending Adventure Day Camp is required to bring a BSA Health and Medical Record, parts A & B to camp with them on the first day (DO NOT mail it to camp). Click here to obtain a copy. These forms must be retained by camp, so keep a copy at home for use at other activities. Campers who must take medication while at camp must also have their parent complete an authorization to administer medication form.

Should my child bring a lunch?

Each child is expected to provide their own lunch. The lunch should be brown bag style. We do not have access to on-site refrigeration, it is strongly recommended not to use any mayonnaise products in your child’s lunch. Please do not bring coolers. Plenty of water will be provided during the days activities. Campers also have the option to order a bag lunch from the camp for a nominal fee.

What should I pack for my child's week at camp?

All of the equipment needed for the various activities that campers will take part in during the day is provided. Campers will only need to bring a few items with them each morning. Please make sure that all personal items are labeled with your camper’s name and hometown. This makes it much easier to identify lost items. Items each boy should bring to camp include:

  • Campers should bring their own lunch, use a thermal bag and icepack – no refrigeration is available. Campers can also bring a snack.
  • A swimsuit and towel, are needed to participate in swimming and boating activities.
  • Sweatshirt and rain jacket are strongly recommended.  Many of our campers and adult volunteers were caught off guard for the unusually cool start to the 2017 camp season.
  • The camp trading post is well stocked with souvenirs, snacks and drinks. Campers should bring their own spending money.
  • Please do not bring knives.
  • Fishing will be available on certain days. If a camper owns their own pole it is permitted for them to bring it. Poles are also available at Camp.
  • A day at camp is full of running and playing, hiking and exploring the outdoors. Open-toed shoes and sandals are not appropriate foot wear for these activities and should not be worn.

What is the Friday Family BBQ & Campfire?

Each Friday afternoon there will be a family BBQ and campfire. Families are encouraged to attend the special event. Tickets can be purchased during your camper’s week at camp. Because of the family BBQ & Campfire there is NO bus service on Friday afternoon.

What if my child needs medication?

All medication must be turned in to the camp health officer upon arrival at camp. It must be in its original packaging with the original prescription label in tact. Authorization to administer medication must be given by signing the appropriate section of the camp medical form. Medications may only be administered by the camp health officer. Exceptions may be made for asthma inhalers and similar medications at the discretion of the camp health officer. Medicines can be sent with the camper on Monday and picked up by the parent on Friday.

What is the camp's Non-Show/Dismissal policy?

Parents are requested to contact the camp at 978-779-5514 or email info@cubscoutcamps.org in the event that your camper will not be able to attend camp for one or more days. The camp staff will not release a camper into the custody of any person except the parent or legal guardians whose names appear on the camp medical form without written, notarized authorization from the parent or legal guardian. If your camper is signed-up for bus transportation and is getting a ride home from another parent including a volunteer staff member we must receive that request in writing.  DO NOT CALL RESIDENT CAMP WITH ABSENCES – 978-779-2777 – their admin starts later than we do at day camp – it causes us undue worry!

What do I do if I need to pick my camper up early from camp?

We ask that you contact the camp at 978-779-5514 in advance by telephone or in writing. This will allow minimal disruption to our program. For the safety of our campers, any early dismissals must be before 3:30pm to minimize the volume of moving vehicles in the parking lot while loading campers onto busses.

Where is the camp located and where can I find directions?

The camp is located at 129 Hudson Road in Bolton, Massachusetts. E. Paul Robsham Scout Reservation is owned and operated by the Mayflower Council. For directions to camp from anywhere click here.

What if it rains?

We will continue all activities, unless there is severe weather in the area. Make sure your camper has all his or her rain gear in case.

Can I volunteer?

Yes, but you must check off on the registration that you are interested in volunteering.  We consider only those with paid in full registrations as of May 1.  Volunteers will receive a refund of the base camp fee and will only be responsible for the cost of busing (if selected).

My camper has a friend or sibling who isn't a Scout, can he or she come?

Sign them up! They will be added to our Learning for Life program roster. About 25% of our campers are non-scouts.

What if I can't afford camp and can't volunteer?

Camperships are available, link to application can be found on the “Forms” Tab.  This is a very important step.  Once approved, we will issue you a coupon code for the value of your campership, but you will need to complete the online registration.

Do you have snack time?

We have no special time set aside for snack but, your camper may bring a snack and eat it at anytime or during den time. Please pack it separately from lunch.

How many campers are in a den?


Will my camper receive awards?

All campers will receive a report of activities and accomplishments for the week.  Thsoe who are Scouts can turn in to their leader for recognition.  You will receive a printout with your picture at the end of the week.

If I volunteer can I bring my other children?

No, we do not have accommodations.

Can I visit camp before I sign-up?

Come out to our Adventure Day Camp on Saturday April 28  from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm for a fun, informative Open House! Meet our staff, play games, and see how camp operates on a day-to day-basis. You may also email the camp director to set up a tour.

Does my camper have to swim if he or she doesn't know how?

We do encourage all campers to go in the water.  Our staff will help with swim lessons.  All campers take a swim test on the first day of camp to check their ability.

What if I have special concerns?

It is our goal to make sure each camper has the best experience possible. Please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs!

Does your camp comply with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health regulations?

Knox Trail Council Camps comply with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (105 CMR 430) and are licensed by the Nashoba Associated Boards of Health.

What if I have other questions that weren't answered here?

Why wonder…call us! Questions about our camps can be emailed to info@cubscoutcamps.org or contact the Mayflower Council Service Center, Monday through Friday, between 8:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. 508-872-6551 x1002. During the camp season please contact the camp directly: 978-779-5514.